flying Voting Blind
I've seen quite a few people asking how to find their current voting power on WeKu, especially as there is now wekunow or wekud like there is for Steem. Well, after a bit of snooping around, and testing with voting and refreshing, I have stumbled upon a way to see what your voting power is, or was after your most recent vote. It's been right in front of our noses all along....
Here is a quick guide on how to find yours:
There is a lot of info hiding behind the scenes on your WeKu Blog web page. The trick is finding it, especially if you're working off your mobile phone or tablet. So here is the method I use to find what my Voting Power is sitting at, both on Mobile, and Desktop versions of the Chrome Web Browsers.
- Open up your browser, and go to your WeKu blog page (mine is https://deals.weku.io/@bmj).
- Now, in the address bar, add "view-source:" to the front of the URL, like this:
You'll get a whole lot of text coming up, with all sorts of codes and numbers and links etc... You're almost there!!
- In the Desktop Version of Chrome, press ctrl+F to open the search box. If you're using the Mobile Chrome App, hit the three dots on the top left, and select "Find on Page." Type in "voting_power" and hit enter.
BOOM!!! There it is!
- The voting_power is measured in hundredths of a percent, so 100% upvote power would be displayed as 10000, 90% as 9000 and so on... I'm on 9025 voting power, or 90.25%. This is my voting power after my last upvote was made, which wasn't all that long ago.
- (Edit- my previous calculation was off)If you want to get technical, you can search for "last_vote_time" as well, and calculate your current recharged voting power at a rate of 2% (or 2000) per 2.4 hours, or 0.0138% (13.8 voting_power) per minute. That time is UTC time, so you'll need to work it out converting your local time to UTC as well.
Note: Your vote_power only updates when you vote, so you'll need to vote, and then refresh your browsers to get a more accurate result.
There you have it; a simple way to find out what your voting power is sitting at. It takes about 5 second to find, but I haven't quite got my Chrome Extension working to pull the values out and calculated them.
Spread the Word
If you found this post helpful, feel free to give it an upvote and re-WeKu so everyone else can see how to find their voting power balance.
Thanks for reading!